Are you looking for affordable trans voice coaching, while still being able to work with an experienced vocal coach? You have asked, and I have listened!
Starting in July 2022, I am offering trans voice group lessons. These lessons allow me to share my years of expertise with you, while keeping my services as affordable as possible and still paying my bills. That way we can all be successful!
Will affordable trans voice coaching work for me?
I see this question asked quite a bit. The answer is yes – you will still be able to make good progress at a noticeable pace in a group, while also getting individual attention and feeback.
What types of group classes do you offer?
I currently offer group classes for voice feminization, voice masculinization, and singing.
If you’re wanting to develop a more androgynous voice, I recommend the feminization class if you’re starting with a deep voice, and the masculinization class if you’re starting with a high voice.
The group singing class is for anyone of any gender wanting to improve their singing and practice in a safe place – whether you are trans or not, whether you are wanting to alter your voice or not.
How to group voice classes work?
Affordable trans voice coaching classes are structured with these elements, usually in this order:
- Explaining your week or a thing of interest, using the voice techniques you’ve learned so far.
- Intro and brief discussion of a specific voice element we will work on for the day
- Practicing a couple of exercises for that voice element – first on mute, then out loud if someone wants feedback, then with example sentences or reading.
- Summary of what we did, and explanation of homework.
What are the pros of group trans voice classes?
There are a few advantages to trans voice group lessons, such as:
- affordability – group classes are affordable for many more people than 1 on 1 lessons may be.
- real time feedback – you’re still able to get feedback from an experienced coach.
- feedback from your peers – in group classes, you can also get feedback from other students – others may have ways of describing things that really resonate with you!
- learning from other people’s progress – hearing your peers improve can be really helpful to understanding the process of voice training. It can also be very motivating if you feel like you need a self esteem boost!
What are some of the cons of group class?
For various reasons, some people may not prefer group lessons. Here are the most common reasons why
- Less individualized attention – some people may prefer to get personal guidance 100% of the time during their lessons. In this case, 1 on 1 lessons may be preferable.
- Awkwardness – some people feel very self conscious about practicing around other people. However, most people find working with other people like them on similar goals to actually be very helpful.
Trans voice group lessons are an affordable alternative to 1 on 1 lessons that allow you to both get feedback from me, and also learn from other people going through the same journey.
Ready? We are excited to work with you!