My rate for a 15-minute information call is $25.
My rate for 1 on 1 lessons are $70 for a 30-minute lesson, or $120 for a 60-minute lesson.
My rate for group lessons are $40 for a 60-minute lesson, per person.
There are multiple things that affect how fast your progress is.
Factors include the following:
- How much you practice
- How often you take lessons
- Starting pitch/quality of the voice
- Lifestyle habits
- Health history
For the average trans voice student, 3-6 months of daily practice and regular lessons is typical to “graduate.”
For singing or voice acting, lessons are likely to be more long-term. Even professionals continue to take lessons throughout their careers. That said, more advanced or professional singers and actors can often reduce lessons to once in a while once they reach a high level. We can definitely discuss your unique needs as we monitor your progress.
Disclaimer: results are NOT guaranteed; best results will come from taking notes during lessons, practicing daily, and putting what we go over into practice as often as possible in your daily speech, singing, or acting.
Voice training works much in the same way that training works for sports or other life skills – through working with me, you are learning new exercises and skills that will allow you to strengthen the right muscles and prevent vocal strain. Over time, this leads to new habits, and the voice will sound the way you desire out of habit – sounding more feminine, masculine, or androgynous.
Please check out my YouTube channel for some basic examples.
Ideally, I like to work with students once a week; after years of trial and error, I find that this is the best balance between getting constant feedback while also having enough time to practice new ideas.
30-minute sessions are better for younger students, students that have difficulty concentrating, or students that just need a quick few tips to keep moving forward.
60-minute sessions are ideal for adult students, especially those that are new to voice lessons. This will give us more time to reinforce the many new concepts you are learning, and to assure that you’re able to practice correctly before doing so on your own.
- Click the Book Now button in the site’s menu, or go to transvocaltraining.com/book-online.
- Choose a 30-minute or 60-minute lesson, whichever you prefer.
- Choose a day/time from the calendar that works for you. Select your time zone to make sure that times show in your local time!
- Fill out the student information form. This is basic information, such as name and pronouns, contact information (just in case), a chance to go over my terms/conditions, and what type of lessons you’re wanting.
- Pay – I use Stripe for all payments.
- Once you book, you’ll receive an automated email with the Zoom link (if online) or address (if in-person) for your lesson.
- If taking lessons online, install Zoom prior to your lesson (zoom.us or as an app).
- You’ll receive email and text reminders to remind you of the day/time of your appointment. Please contact me at least 24 hours ahead of time if you need to cancel or reschedule!
- If taking lessons online, click the Zoom link in your confirmation email when it’s time for your lesson.
- I’ll see you at your lesson, and I’m looking forward to it!
Yes, I sure do! I use Zoom for online lessons.
Yes, I sure do! I teach in-person lessons in Vancouver WA. Here’s my office address:
7531 NE Andresen Rd, Suite D22
Vancouver, WA 98661
Unfortunately no; however, there is still a way to have your insurance potentially pay you back! If you want to try and get insurance reimbursement, you’ll want to give your insurance CPT code 92507. I can also provide my Tax ID and receipts for your lessons upon request.
Unfortunately, due to very high demand, I do not offer discounts at this time.
If you can’t afford my rate, I totally understand! But I still want to make sure you can get lessons at a price you can afford.
I offer group classes for those wanting to still work with me, but need a lower rate to make lessons affordable.
You can check out my courses for some pre-recorded lessons at a one-time cost – come back and practice as often as you’d like!
My old company Your Lessons Now also offers transgender vocal training at different rates. They also offer group lessons as an even more affordable option.
Lastly, you can check out my YouTube channel for some tutorials that can help you get started.